Kijabe and Back and Then to Mali

After venturing to Kijabe, Kenya, East Africa with my husband in 2006, I embarked on an even greater adventure in 2007. I took two mission trips to a remote village in Mali, West Africa in both July and September with some women from church. Here's a bit of my story.

Name:
Location: Northwest Arkansas

Friday, June 23, 2006

Pictures . . . Yes!













Pictures . . . yes! This morning I tried a new approach to uploading pictures and it worked. So we'll go with these and I'll try again on my next post.

The first picture is the Administration Building at Moffat College of Bible, looking from the classroom building where Gene's teaches. All the buildings around here are cement block with tin roofs, including the homes. The interior decorating varies with each building, some more basic than others, but none with the "appointments" that we in America think are necessary.

The next picture is the house where we have been living with Ruth and Richard. Again, it is made of cement block with a tin roof; it has wood floors, a wonderful fire place. It is two stories, with 2-bedrooms and a bath upstairs which Gene and I are using as our "suite," and a bedroom and bath downstairs. The kitchen is nicely furnished with all the comforts of home except a dishwasher. We have a washer, but no dryer.

The third picture needs little explanation -- Gene in the classroom with the Kenyan students. Notice that the classroom is very basic: tables, chairs, teacher's desk, overhead projector, and lights. But it does the job, and the Kenyan students are so happy to be able to attend Bible school. We have had time with all of them now. They are brilliant, quick learners, witty and
a lot of fun to be with.

Gene's class is about to get started, and I've been attending class regularly, so I must get my things together and head over to Moffat. God bless your day, and hopefully, more pictures next time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hokule'a Kealoha said...

yeah!!! So glad that you were able to publish photos! And it sounds like you are enjoying yourself very much. God Bless you...you are in my prayers

6:57 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home