Kijabe and Back and Then to Mali

After venturing to Kijabe, Kenya, East Africa with my husband in 2006, I embarked on an even greater adventure in 2007. I took two mission trips to a remote village in Mali, West Africa in both July and September with some women from church. Here's a bit of my story.

Name:
Location: Northwest Arkansas

Monday, June 05, 2006

Excess Baggage . . . do you think?


XNA -- Northwest Regional Airport

When we arrived at XNA this morning, friends from Grace Point were waiting for us. Our skycap, Chuck, is well known to Grace Point teams who have travelled abroad. So Chuck loaded our luggage -- all 10 bags -- and hawled them inside, and pretty much took charge for us. He was a God-send.

Gene and I are waiting for our flight to Chicago, so I just had to see if I was computer literate enough to download this picture from my camera to my laptop, and then upload it to the blog. Waalaa! I did it. So, if I can get connection in London and Kenya, you'll get more pictures. Until then, this is my practice run.

I know I've said it before, but it's hard to believe we're really doing this . . . that we're really on our way to Kenya. I can't say thank you often enough for your love and prayers and encouragement. We love you. Ciao!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are in our thoughts and prayers...we look ofrward to hearing about the adventure..great idea Ginger!!!! Amy and An Henry

4:36 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got online just to see if you had entered anything......glad you can do pictures, that will be fun!

5:28 PM CDT  
Blogger Hokule'a Kealoha said...

Yambo! you two!

Yea! You were able to do the pictures! So thrilled for you and praying for you all the time! God Bless!...

9:45 PM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are praying for you guys. Catch up on some R&R before you "dig in" for God. Enjoy your safari and watch out for Rich - he loves elephant tails (or is it tales?)!!!
Love, Karen Easton

11:04 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see all of Gene's luggage, where is yours!!!! Ha Ha love and prayers sue

8:32 AM CDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ginger - Hope y'all had a great time on that safari you were NEVER going to take! Doesn't God have a wonderful sense of humor!? I do hope you left the preserve with all the elephant tails intact! Much love to you, Gene, Rich & Ruth.

6:27 PM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home