Kijabe and Back and Then to Mali

After venturing to Kijabe, Kenya, East Africa with my husband in 2006, I embarked on an even greater adventure in 2007. I took two mission trips to a remote village in Mali, West Africa in both July and September with some women from church. Here's a bit of my story.

Name:
Location: Northwest Arkansas

Monday, September 17, 2007

To Mali Tomorrow


In 12 hours I leave for Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport to meet my teammates (and 25,000 lbs of stuff -- not really, it just feels like it) for our next adventure to Bamako, Mali. After a whirlwind style tour of Paris on Wednesday, we arrive Thursday morning in Bamako, where we will hit the ground running.


My bags are packed, my head is still spinning, Gene's clothes are all clean, the house is a mess, the ironing's not done (but Gene knows where the iron is), and my heart is full of excitement, anticipation, expectation and a tad amount of fear.


Please pray for us as we go that "our teaching will drop as the rain, our speech distill as the dew, as raindrops on the tender herb, and as showers on the grass, for we proclaim the name of the Lord: Ascribe greatness to our God. He is the Rock. His work is perfect. For all His ways are justice, a God of truth and without injustice. Righteous and upright is He." (Deut. 32: 2-4)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home