Kijabe and Back and Then to Mali

After venturing to Kijabe, Kenya, East Africa with my husband in 2006, I embarked on an even greater adventure in 2007. I took two mission trips to a remote village in Mali, West Africa in both July and September with some women from church. Here's a bit of my story.

Name:
Location: Northwest Arkansas

Monday, August 27, 2007

Give Me A Heart

Under the hot afternoon sun, she walked with stately stance. A large sack balanced flawlessly on top of her head and her little one jostled peacefully on her back.

She seemed poised, confident, unconcerned. But was she walking aimlessly through life, not knowing that Jesus loves her? Or does she even know who He is? Does she know He brings peace? Will she ever find hope?

Oh my God, give me a heart
To always fear Your name
To hear Your gentle voice
To worship and bow down.

Oh that I would use
My voice to speak of Who You are
To tell the story of Your love
With passion for the lost.

Oh that I would live
A life reflecting You to all
A life the shows Your glory
Giving praise that You are God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home