Kijabe and Back and Then to Mali

After venturing to Kijabe, Kenya, East Africa with my husband in 2006, I embarked on an even greater adventure in 2007. I took two mission trips to a remote village in Mali, West Africa in both July and September with some women from church. Here's a bit of my story.

Name:
Location: Northwest Arkansas

Friday, September 14, 2007

I Wonder














I look into their eyes
and wonder
are you happy
are you sad?
Underneath your laughter
is there pain?
I look upon their faces
and long that I could speak their native tongue,
a barrier
that holds our hearts apart.

God looks upon
each one of us
and in His loving grace,
He banishes the walls
of culture and of race,
and sees inside their
longing hearts
and reaches into mine,
bringing us as one in Him,
the wonder of His grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home