Kijabe and Back and Then to Mali

After venturing to Kijabe, Kenya, East Africa with my husband in 2006, I embarked on an even greater adventure in 2007. I took two mission trips to a remote village in Mali, West Africa in both July and September with some women from church. Here's a bit of my story.

Name:
Location: Northwest Arkansas

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Bring The Rain


Parched and dry, one-third of the way thru the rainy season with only a few showers, Mali needs rain. When we arrived in "K" Village and met with the chief of the village, he asked us to pray for rain, that without sufficient rain, the people will starve.


In the early dawn of Tuesday morning we were awakened by strong wind and threatening clouds. Quickly grabbing our mosquito-net tents from out in the open where we slept, we scurried for shelter from the rapidly advancing storm. Within minutes, the rain came – ever so briefly, but it came. Ever so insufficient, but it came . . . as though God was blessing us with a sampling of His provisions for the villagers.



Plow my heart
The ground is hard
Unreceptive
Barren
Cold.
Rain Your rain
Upon my heart
Soften
Drench
Prepare.

Cultivate the soil
The wounds go deep
Refine
Purge
Renew.

Plant Your words
On ground prepared
Rich
Clean
Fertile.

Produce the fruit
Your Spirit brings
Authentic
Sweet
Life-giving.

Prune my heart
I yield it all
Bring fruit
More fruit
Much fruit.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hokule'a Kealoha said...

welcome back from your grand adventure. The poems are wonderful commentary to your photos. I am looking forward to more as time allows

12:38 AM CDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home