Kijabe and Back and Then to Mali

After venturing to Kijabe, Kenya, East Africa with my husband in 2006, I embarked on an even greater adventure in 2007. I took two mission trips to a remote village in Mali, West Africa in both July and September with some women from church. Here's a bit of my story.

Name:
Location: Northwest Arkansas

Thursday, July 19, 2007

On Doors

Okay, so not everyone spends time musing about doors, but I did. Stop for a moment with me and muse along.


Doors open and close, allowing us in or keeping us out.

Doors can be an excellent way to express feelings – sadness, calm, anger, privacy, seclusion, security. A gentle closing so as to not wake the baby or to surprise someone, or a loud slam in disgust or the boisterous sound as a child bounds thru with enthusiastic joy.


Doors welcome and reject.
They include and exclude.
They can be simple or elaborate.

I remember as a child waiting for my grandmother to arrive. We'd bound out the door at the first glimpse of her old black car. Now as a grandmother, my heart leaps when our grandchildren bound out their door when we arrive for a visit.


What about the door to a friend's home where her hugs of friendship and love bring comfort amidst our tears of sadness.
There are doors that lead us to refreshment and encouragement. The door to my church welcomes me to the worship and praise of my God and King!

And the best door leads us to Jesus, our Saviour, Who says, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father but by Me."

Top left picture: Our mud house in the village
Top right picture: In Casa Blanca
Middle left picture: Looking out from inside our mud house
Bottom right picture: In Casa Blanca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home