Kijabe and Back and Then to Mali

After venturing to Kijabe, Kenya, East Africa with my husband in 2006, I embarked on an even greater adventure in 2007. I took two mission trips to a remote village in Mali, West Africa in both July and September with some women from church. Here's a bit of my story.

Name:
Location: Northwest Arkansas

Friday, November 09, 2007

Meet M'aa


Soon after arriving in K'Village, all newcomers are given a Malian name because, to the Bambara people, our English names are almost impossible to pronounce.

I was named M'aa Fumba, and later learned that a woman in the village had the same name. I didn't meet her in July when I was there, but in September, she was brought to our house so I could meet her.

Unlike me, she's quite shy. On the 4th or 5th attempt, we finally got her to look at the camera and smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home